Spiritual Awakening Using EFT With Affirmations
The power of affirmations was first popularized by Louise Hay in her book You Can Heal Your Life although perhaps the first use of affirmations as a self development tool was by a French psychologist, Émile Coué, who encouraged people to start the day repeating the phrase, “Every day, in every way, I’m getting better and better”.
Recent research has confirmed what I, decades ago, found to be the case with affirmations, that intensely and continuously repeating positive affirmations can bring up negative feelings. My own recent research with clients suggests that strongly stated positive affirmations always bring up negativity, but that negativity may not be noticed by the client.
This is where it is handy, as an EFT practitioner, to be able to detect energy disruptions within a meridian while tapping each EFT tapping point. I can ask the client to state a positive affirmation and then detect where the energy disruption is. Then we tap that EFT tapping point, also using Celestial Words of Power if necessary, to clear the disruption on that point. When this is done the energy disruption disappears and the client goes to a new, more positive state. Being able to detect energy disruptions in a client is also advantageous because often you can detect disruptions that are below the threshold of consciousness of the client. This means that you can apply EFT more thoroughly than you can when you are dependent upon the client’s subjective sense of whether the issue is fully resolved or not (SUDS = zero).
If you want to develop the ability to be aware of which of the EFT points the disruptions are on you could try tapping on:
Even tho I am unable to detect the energy disruptions, I deeply and completely accept myself.
Some Useful Affirmations For Spiritual Awakening And Deepening
I recommend that you state affirmations with passion for best effect. I include the word ‘Yes!’ at the end of each affirmation examples below to emphasize this. I find that repetition of each affirmation four times prior to tapping the EFT points helps to set the process up. After setting it up, do a round of tapping, with extra tapping on the tapping points where disruption is detected. These disruptions are often difficult to shift even with many taps on that point and, when this is the case, I use Celestial Words of Power to assist.
Example Of How To Do It
Saying it with passion, make an affirmation, “I am heart centered, YES!” Tap this affirmation into the karate chop point four times with passion. Then tap silently on all the other points, giving more attention to, and using Celestial Words of Power on, those points where disruptions are evident.
Here are some examples of affirmations to move you towards Spiritual Awakening and Deepening.
- I am heart centered, YES!
- I reside in the heart, YES!
- I am limitless love, YES!
- I am spiritually awakened, YES!
- I am happy, YES!
- I am free from thought, YES!
- I am free from mind, YES!
- I am free from body,YES!
- I am silent, YES!
- I am pure, YES!
- I am devoted to God, YES!
- I surrender my life to the Source Of All Life YES!
- I start the day resident in the heart, I live the day resident in the heart, and I end the day resident in the heart, YES!
- I am, YES!
- I am BE-ing sufficient to awaken NOW, YES!
One of the sorts of problems reported by those who are seeking enlightenment is that they get distracted by desires, addictions and compulsions such as desire for food, money, drugs, alcohol, etc. What passionate seekers of enlightenment seek to do is to sit in silence, because silence is the key to awakening. But the mind has other ideas and finds all sorts of ways to limit their progress by disturbing the silence. If you are having problems like this, a tool you can use to get over them is to use EFT Tapping on affirmations like ‘I am bigger than that’. The driving word here is ‘bigger’. Remember, who you truly are is limitless, and as such you are truly bigger than anything in the Universe, including the Universe itself.
Example Of How To Do It
Example: you have a craving for chocolate cake so you make an affirmation, “I am bigger than chocolate cake, YES!” Tap this affirmation into the karate chop point four times with passion. Then tap silently on all the other points, giving more attention to, and using Celestial Words of Power on, those points where disruptions are evident.
Affirmation Examples Using “Bigger Than”
Here are some more examples of affirmations to move you away from distractions that limit your progress towards Spiritual Awakening.
- I am bigger than alcohol, YES!
- I am bigger than food, YES!
- I am bigger than money, YES!
- I am bigger than billionaires, YES!
- I am bigger than sex, YES!
- I am bigger than drugs, YES!
- I am bigger than seriousness, YES!
- I am bigger than (here select an emotion e.g. depression, anxiety, anger, sadness, grief, fear, hurt, guilt etc.), YES!
- I am bigger than the mind, YES!
- I am bigger than the body, YES!
- I am bigger than that bully, YES!
- I am bigger than (that major event, somebody dying or about to die, etc.), YES!
- I am bigger than (science, the arts, politics, religion, the universe, etc.), YES!
Affirmation Examples Using “Greater Than”
This is similar to the “bigger than” affirmations but taps into some deep level programming that, when removed, can free you from all sorts of limitations. I don’t know how to make this clear enough for everyone to understand, but it is not the words of the affirmations that are important here, it is the underlying energy disruptions that the words give you access to. When you complete each process you should find that, rather than actually feeling ‘greater than’ you should instead feel ‘oneness’. The feeling of oneness is a sign that the particular ‘greater than’ process you have been tapping on is complete and if, instead, you do feel ‘greater than’ then that is a sign that you have more work to do to complete it.
- I am greater than my mother
- I am greater than my father
- I am greater than my brother/sister
- I am greater than money
- I am greater than my work
- I am greater than the sport I play
- I am greater than my school (teachers/headmaster/etc.)
- I am greater than my religion/church/temple/etc. (minister/priest/etc.)
- I am greater than the media (internet/newspaper/tv/radio/etc.)
- I am greater than the world
- I am greater than my life
Spiritual Awakening Using EFT With Afformations
The term “afformations” was first used by Noah St. John in his book “The Secret Code of Success.” My colleague Judy Timperon introduced me to EFT Afformations in a course she ran. EFT Afformations are useful when the other setups on this page don’t seem to be getting you the results you want. For instance, if I wanted to awaken but did not have a guru nearby to initiate the awakening process (such as we do in sharing the Divine Spark Of Awakening), then I would repeat afformations many times a day for as many days as it takes (and in the case of awakening, expect it to take years – it really is much faster with the help of an awakened guru).
The basic structure of an afformation is to create an affirmation and put “Why” in front of it. For example, if the affirmation is “Every day in every way I am getting better and better” then the afformation is “Why am I getting better and better every day in every way?” Having created your afformation you then proceed to tap the afformation into the EFT tapping points.
Some Useful Afformations For Spiritual Awakening And Deepening
- Why am I awakened?
- Why am I heart centered?
- Why am I diving even deeper into the Self?
- Why am I pure awareness?
- Why am I free from mind?
- Why am I free from a body?
- Why am I free from thought?
- Why am I fully self-realized?
- Why have I fully surrendered my life to the Source Of All Life?
- Why have I surrendered it all?
- Why have I surrendered the story of me?
- Why have I surrendered the surrenderer?
Spiritual Awakening Using EFT With Self Enquiry Questions
In his life changing book, Awaken The Giant Within, Tony Robbins speaks of the power of questions. Ramana speaks of the power of questions to do with self enquiry. Putting them together you get:
- Who am I?
- Who is not thinking?
- Who is not cooking the tea?
- Who is not walking to the letterbox to collect the mail?
- Who doesn’t have thoughts?
- Who doesn’t have mind?
- Who doesn’t have a body?
- Who doesn’t have a past?
- Who doesn’t have a future?
- Who is reading this? What is the source of ‘I am?’
- What am I experiencing? Who is the experiencer?
You will be able to find more affirmations, afformations and questions that specifically suit you. This is life changing. Don’t underestimate the power of these three groups of EFT exercises for spiritual awakening.